Oh, this French Fridays with Dorie is so late! I knew we would be on vacation when it was due but my plan was to post about it while on vacation. Yeah…didn’t do that. So here it is, 2 weeks later. I guess better late than never?
A link to everyone’s quiches. And here are my notes below:
1. I made the tart crust as written in the book, but I subbed 1 tbsp of the flour for 1 tbsp parmesan cheese.
2. I added sauteed mushrooms to my quiche, so good!
3. Oh yeah, this was funny. I didn’t have quite enough cream for the quiche so I used marscapone cheese for the missing amount of cream (I think it was about half). Hey…I was cleaning out my fridge before vacation 😉
4. This was delicious! We had ot for brunch the day before we left for our road trip.
5. Roadtrip was from Portland, OR to Moab, UT (Arches National Park), Flagstaff, AZ (where I used to live), Bryce Canyon National Park and then home. There are some pictures posted below if interested.
6. The quiche is good with a mimosa (or two).
Tart crust briefly frozen, ready to bake.
The crust par-baked, ready for filling.
Cache of freezer bacon — I only used 3 pieces.
Steamed spinach, chopped.
Sauteed mushrooms, steamed spinach and cooked crumbled bacon.
Ready for the custard.
Out of the oven.
On the plate!
Vacation pics: Arches, Flagstaff, Lee’s Ferry/Navajo Bridge, Bryce Canyon — more pictures here if you’re interested.